Exciting new positions have become available to work at Pathways Residences, one of Australia’s leading boutique aged care providers.
The Hope and Well-being nurse assists in maintaining and delivering the Lifestyle Program under the direction of the Lifestyle events coordinator to promote residents’ emotional, psychosocial, spiritual, social and physical well-being and to create a harmonious and caring atmosphere for all residents.
The successful candidates will have:
- Undertake a range of recreational activities for individual residents and groups to assist the socialisation process
- Identifies deviations from normal, or improvements in resident health status, and responds and evaluates effectively to treat/ manage and monitor progress
- Listens to residents’/representatives’ requests and feedback and works with the Recreational Lifestyle Coordinator to make changes/adapt resident programs
- Uses skills, observation and conversation to identify any changes to the residents’ needs in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the goals of care for residents
- Ensuring that residents’ emotional needs are met and all residents are treated with respect, empathy, dignity and the resident’s identity maintained by providing them with choices that are consistent with their wellbeing
- Advocates for individuals/groups and their right to receive care and make informed choices
- Assist in providing and involving residents with the opportunity to learn new skills
- Assist in involving residents in programs to achieve required outcomes
- Providing opportunities for the individual resident to choose participation in activities of intrinsic value in a social and creative environment thus promoting self-esteem and personal fulfilment.
Skills and experience
We seek applicants with the following essential skills:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability) or Certificate IV in Ageing Support or Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Previous experience in aged care and running activity programs
- Knowledge and understanding of dementia, the Accreditation Process, Aged Care Quality Standards, Complaints Management, WHS and Infection Control principles
- Understanding of SIRS Reporting, Restrictive Practices Requirements in Aged Care
- Excellent verbal, written, computer literacy and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound problem solving and time management skills
- Passion and commitment to working in aged care.
All prospective employees are required to provide the following documentation:
- National Federal Police/Criminal Check
- Right to work in Australia by nationality/Citizenship/Residency/Work Visa
- 100 points of photographic proof of identity
- Proof of Influenza vaccination status
- Proof of Covid – 19 vaccination status.
Opened in 2006, Pathways Killara Gardens is an elegant 105 bed aged care residence providing both high and low care. Located in the leafy heart of Sydney’s north shore, the residence provides a luxurious environment with beautifully crafted furniture and landscaped gardens.
If you are ready to make a difference with Pathways Residences, Apply Now!
If you are seeking an enriching and rewarding career, we would encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to MDRahman@pathways.com.au today.
Closing Date: 31/05/2022
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and references.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies.