Exciting new positions have become available to work at Pathways Residences, one of Australia’s leading aged care providers.
Located on the North Shore, providing both high and low care aged care services. We have a part time position available for a Handyman / Grounds Keeper.
We are seeking an all-round person with excellent maintenance experience and capabilities, as well an ability to work in a team, have an eye for detail, an ability to relate to older persons and liaising with contractors when needed. You will be reporting to the Executive Manager.
The Role will include:
- Follow the maintenance schedule and undertake cleaning and upkeep of equipment, fixtures and grounds,
- Ensuring all emergency, preventative and legislative maintenance is carried out in compliance with all State and Regulatory requirements,
- Inducting, co-ordinate and overseeing contractors safely working at the facility for repairs and maintenance,
- Thoroughly understanding all facility services and mains i.e. gas, water and power mains,
- Provide a safe and clean, environment that promotes person centred care,
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and continuously improve all maintenance operations at the facility,
- Help maintain a beautiful living environment for our residents.
The successful candidates will have:
- Previous Maintenance experience in Facilities or Accommodation setting,
- Thorough understanding of all legislative requirements pertaining to Maintenance and Repairs i.e. WH&S & Fire/Evacuation,
- OHS Qualification is desirable,
- Trade Qualification is desirable,
- Test and Tag Qualification (unless qualified as an Electrician),
- Excellent customer service skills, written and verbal skills,
- Ability to problem solve efficiently,
- Excellent organisation and time management skills,
- Knowledge of the Aged Care industry is desirable,
- Ability to work within a team and unsupervised,
- Ability to use initiative and organise tasks.
People applying for this position must be able to work unrestricted time slots and/or days of the week.
All prospective employees are required to provide the following documentation:
- National Federal Police/Criminal Check
- Right to work in Australia by nationality/Citizenship/Residency/Work Visa
- 100 points of photographic proof of identity
Joining the Pathways Residences group in 2017, Pathways Ashley House is a heritage listed 40 bed residential aged-care facility located in the Sydney suburb of Roseville.
If you are ready to make a difference with Pathways Residences, Apply Now!
If you are seeking an enriching and rewarding career, we would encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: –
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and references.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies.